Circle is building the all-in-one community platform for creators and brands: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy to bring your people, discussions, live streams, events and payments together — all in one place, all under your own brand.
In November 2021, Circle raised 25M series A to accelerate the way creators and brands interact with their customers, their partners, their community.
About the role
We're a cross-platform community product built for web and mobile, and we're looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer (React Native) to help take our product to the next level.
This is a 100% remote role. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
- Work mainly in our greenfield React Native project, with a lot of freedom on the overall architecture and tech stack.
- Help build our mobile CI/CD pipeline.
- Work on a frontend web application written in React.js, Ruby on Rails and Tailwind, when needed.
- Improve the quality of our codebase, identify architectural deficiencies, and create achievable paths to solve/evolve them.
- Work closely with Circle's co-founders throughout the feature spec + design process.
- Work closely with our designers to design and develop a world-class user experience.
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years of front-end experience designing and building high-volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end. Strong proficiency in React and React Native, with Typescript and Java/Kotlin for Android are nice to have.
- Experience with unit tests and CI/CD for mobile applications.
- Experience leading/architecting complex user interfaces and API design.
- Strong judgment and attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgement should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues; you can debug a mobile application problem all the way from the device, through the transport, to the application, servers, databases, and asynchronous queues.
- A desire to work in an environment that values speed of iteration and individual autonomy.